Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rock Out

It's started already! I thought that I had a few more years..."Louder mom!" screams my oldest son from the back of the car. "Turn the music louder!"
"But son it's 7 o'clock in the morning!"
My five year old insisted on blaring the headbanging sound he called music in the car on the way to the babysitters that morning. A trend I knew would not quickly fade. This was a sign of transition from toddler to kid. At least I could tell by the type of music that he liked what kind of kid he was going to be!
As I turned the music louder in the car I realized two things. One; that the music was too loud and became annoying which was a sign of me becoming older (OH NO!). And two; that what you do to your parents really does come back to you. Memories flooded my head of riding with my mother at that age to the babysitter even earlier in the morning and begging my mom to turn up z93!
Did I become my mom? Did my kids become me? And what else is in store for me through the years of my children growing up? ....This might be a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment