Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence

I just wrapped up a very memorable mini vacation with my children. There are so many moments I want to write about! The most touching moment was one of the last ones. Yesterday as I sat in our gravel drive way with the boys carving roads for their hot-wheels my youngest came up, sat on my lap, wrapped his little arms around me and said "Mommy, I'm so glad your done with work!" My bottom lip started to curl marking the beginning of my oncoming tears. I squeezed him so tight and just cherished the moment. I wish I could spend everyday with my children....
I would also like to go into what 'Bad-ass's' my children are! I am so proud of my children everyday and I sure hope I tell them enough. Sunday, the 4th of July, I took my children to a local swimming hole we call Filbrun's Pond. As soon as we got there my boys walked past the beach area, past the children's area and straight up to where all of the adults were standing at the rope swing. One at a time, both of my boys, without a second thought climbed the ladder, rope in hand, and swung out into the pond. After the mini heart attack I had they swam out to a floating diving board in the middle of the pond where both boys attempted back flips off of the diving board! Of course, there were more mini heart attacks by mom! Remember my boys are 5 & 3!!! But even though they scared the crap out of me, they made me so proud. I glanced around the pond after watching my children preform their daredevil acts and noticed all of the fathers trying to cohort their children into doing the same thing. Their children, whom some were even older then mine, just sat there and cried. I could see the frustration and disappointment in the father's faces. It was the same disappointment I saw in one of my child's baseball coach's face as they realized their child didn't want to play baseball. After swimming we finished off the day with ice-cream and fireworks. What more could a child ask for.
I am so grateful to have healthy and happy children. They are the light of my life and they make me proud everyday! I love you boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment