Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Breakdown


Oh the agony!
My child started to cry out of no where. I knew that he was in the kitchen alone so I had ruled out his brother hitting him....and I did not hear a crash so he didn't fall, hmmm, the sound was terrifying almost like it was the end of the World!
"What's wrong Brent?" I shouted!
"The BATTERIES DIED IN THE DSSSSSS!!!"
I looked over at my husband and we both started laughing uncontrolably. Seriously, having a breakdown like that over an electronic device! Brent walked into the living room, DS in hand, still crying.
"It's okay sweetheart, just turn it back on and start over"
"But I was almost done with that levellllllllllllllllll"
Trying to cover my giggles I thought of something.
"You know", I said to my husband, "if that had been my computer at work and I had lost what I was working on I think I would breakdown and cry like that as well!"
His crying may of seemed out of place at first but the more I thought about it the more it was justified. Don't get me wrong, there are better ways to deal with frustration then dropping to the floor and screaming NNNNNNNNoooooooooooo WHYYYYYYYYYY MMMMEEEEEE, but I could definitely understand his pain. That is something I never had to deal with as a child since electronics in general were still new but it is something my children will have to deal with a lot. If your hard-drive crashes you can lose hours of your favorite music, papers you worked on forever for school, reports you spent endless nights typing for work, passwords, pictures, your entire life! This is the generation for technology and it is relied upon too much! But what more can we do than just keep up. Learn from these mishaps and back everything up, even if it's the third level of the toy story three game.

No comments:

Post a Comment