Friday, November 5, 2010

The First Tooth

"MOMMMM, THE TOOTH FAIRY CAME!!!"
A smile grew across my face as I heard the half asleep child yell from the other side of the house. I dropped my hair brush onto the bathroom counter and quickly tiptoed into my son's room trying not to wake my other son.
"I told you she would come!" I whispered to him
"THE TOOTH FAIRY REALLY CAME!" he said again.
The magic in his eyes was something I will never forget. I had accomplished one of my biggest goals, instilling the wonderful light that creates childhood memories into my child. I almost wanted to cry. The magic of believeing is what a childhood is truly about. The love that comes with Christmas and believing in Santa Clause or the Easter bunny- it is what keeps children pure and hides the real life pain and stress that they will soon have to endure when they get older.
"I love you so much!" I said to him, no longer trying to whisper as I noticed my other child stirring in his warm blankets the cuddled him tight.
"What about me mom?" I heard come from the bottom bunk.
"I love you too, so much" I reached down to kiss my youngest.
I turned to walk back to the bathroom to finish my routine but had to look back once more to check on my children. The grand smile still lingered on my oldest. The magic was contagious. I continued to smile for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Remember to catch the Tooth Fairy whenever that next tooth pops out.

    Free with code ($10 value): Fairy-Proof

    http://www.iCaughtTheToothFairy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) yes, children are so innocent and so endearing. I wish those moments could happen every day. Just focus on the good moments in their lives, and not the bad.

    ReplyDelete